HMRC Latest Updates

Help to Save accounts - can you have one?

Help To Save accounts offer a tax-free government bonus payment equal to 50% of your savings, up to a maximum of £1,200. You’re eligible to have an account if you claim working tax credits, child tax credits or Universal Credit, subject to other conditions. For more information, contact us

Carillion share loss claims

Negligible value. HMRC has recently agreed that securities, e.g. shares, in Carillion plc have been worthless (HMRC calls this “negligible value”) since 15 January 2018. This means that if you own shares etc. in the company you can claim a capital gains tax loss for 2017/18 equal to the price you paid for them, even though you still hold the shares. For more information, contact us

Recent Posts
Search By Tags
Featured Posts

© 2016 by Forgue Accounting Ltd. Proudly created with

  • Facebook Clean
  • Twitter Clean
  • Google+ Clean
  • LinkedIn Clean